Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Polishing Off My 10 Books of Summer List

Remember when I joined the 20 Books of Summer challenge back in June?  Well, August has ended, so I need to see which books from my prospective list I did actually read!


Here's my list:

  1. Code Name Edelweiss by Stephanie Landsem ✔
  2. Lando by Louis L'Amour ✔
  3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo 
  4. Murder at Kensington Palace by Andrea Penrose ✔
  5. Carry On, Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse ✔ (review coming!)
  6. A Name Long Buried by C. M. Banschbach ✖
  7. Peter Duck by Arthur Ransome ✖ (21 pages left!)
  8. Sackett by Louis L'Amour ✔
  9. Then Comes a Drifter by C. M. Banschbach ✖
  10. Thornrose Estate by Kendra E. Ardnek ✔

This was such a fun little challenge!  So, two of those books are crossed off because they were a duology, and I tried them and decided they were not my thing, so I DNFed them.  So, I didn't actually read them... but I'm not going to, either, so I say they don't count against me.

I do have a couple chapters of Peter Duck left, so that is an actual fail, I guess.  But I will finish it soon, probably next week!  I'm reading that one aloud to my kids, and our read-aloud time has been patchy lately.  I need to get better about that and make time for reading aloud every day or two like I was doing at the beginning of the summer.

Over all, this was a fun challenge, and I will probably try to join it again if it's held next year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your Wodehouse review. I was a HUGE Wooster and Jeeves fan back in the day. Read all the novels and short stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra! I just posted my Wodehouse review right here, so you don't have to wait any longer for it! I had such a blast reading it :-D

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)