Monday, September 18, 2023

A Tolkien Blog Party 2023 -- Kick-off Post + Tag!


Welcome, friends!  Here we are again, all geared up to celebrate Professor Tolkien and his creations for the eleventh year in a row.  Are you ready?  I'm ready!  Let's party!

If this is your first time attending a Tolkien Blog Party here at the Edge of the Precipice, I will briefly explain how this works.  As host, I provide a couple of games for you to play (starting tomorrow), a giveaway (which you can enter here), and the official party tag (see below).  Everything else is up to you and your fellow party goers!

All the party participates post things on their own blogs that relate somehow to J. R. R. Tolkien or his creations. We celebrate not only the author and the books he wrote, but also the world of Middle-earth, the movies based on his stories, and so on! You can use any of the official graphics in your posts -- you'll find all five of them in my announcement post

The only rules are:
  1. your post must be related to Tolkien and his creations somehow, 
  2. your post should contain a link back to this post so people can find the party and join the fun, and
  3. your post needs to be respectful and family-friendly. This is a celebration, so please don't contribute any rants or whiny posts. 
If you don't know what to post, you can always fill out the tag, which you'll find below this handy link-up widget. Enter each of your posts in the widget (including posts of tag answers) so we can all visit each other's blogs and share the Tolkien joy!


Here is this year's tag:

A Tolkien Blog Party Tag for 2023

Which of each pair do you prefer, and why?

1. Rohan or Gondor?
2. Rivendell or Lothlorien?
3. Erebor or Moria?
4. Bilbo or Frodo?
5. Merry or Pippin?
6. Galadriel or Elrond?
7. Eomer or Faramir?
8. Fili or Kili?
9. Bard or Beorn?
10. Gandalf the Grey or Gandalf the White?

Simply copy that and paste it into a blog post of your own, answer with your preferences (and explain them in as much detail as you wish), add party graphics and a link back to this post, and whatever else you so desire!  Once you've posted it, come back and add a link to your post to the list above so we can all visit each others' blogs and enjoy their answers.  And don't forget to visit other people's blogs too, to keep the party going!

10 comments:

  1. Huzzah! So stoked, as ever, for this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia, yay! It sometimes astounds me that people still love it after 11 years ;-) But I still have fun hosting it, so... here we are!

      Delete
  2. I've submitted two posts for the week! But I've been looking forward to this for a year; you'd think I'd be more prepared than this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethani, it's okay! I planned this for a whole year and wrote nearly all my posts at the last minute :-o Life happens. And there is always next year! Two posts is actually great!

      Delete
  3. I got my tag answers up! Just the way to kick off my weekend, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe, how jolly! I am looking forward to relaxing tomorrow night by catching up on reading people's posts, as this weekend has been very, shall we say, low on chill.

      Delete
  4. I'm joining late and too tired to do any posts, so I'll do my tag in the comments here:

    1. Rohan or Gondor? Rohan!
    2. Rivendell or Lothlorien? Rivendell, it feels safer and more secluded.
    3. Erebor or Moria? If I must Erebor. Under/deep in a mountain is not somewhere I would willingly go.
    4. Bilbo or Frodo? Bilbo.
    5. Merry or Pippin? This is criminal, both of them.
    6. Galadriel or Elrond? Elrond. Galadriel annoys me.
    7. Eomer or Faramir? Eomer alllll the way. He's my man.
    8. Fili or Kili? Again, both.
    9. Bard or Beorn? Bard.
    10. Gandalf the Grey or Gandalf the White? Both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Livia Rachelle, fun answers :-) Sorry some of the choices were hard!

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)