- Who Am I?
- Books I've Written
- Book Reviews -- Fiction
- Book Reviews -- Nonfiction
- Clean Reads
- Christmas Reads
- Classics Club List #3
- Literary Blogs I Dig
- Top Ten Lists Year by Year
- My Favorite Novels
- Previous Read-Alongs
- Lit and Writing Resources for Homeschoolers
- The Sense and Sensibility Read-Along
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Tolkien Quote Game
This is a simple game, though not necessarily an easy one. Here are fifteen quotes from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings -- the books, not the movies, though I've tried to use some that would be familiar from both. There are a couple instances of multiple things said by the same character.
All you have to do with the game that has been given to you is tell me who said each one. I'll post the answers and scores on Saturday.
I'm switching my comments to "moderated" for the rest of the week so that your answers will remain a secret until the games are finished.
1. "Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall."
2. "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life."
3. "Stir not the bitterness in the cup that I mixed for myself."
4. "String, or nothing!"
5. "If I hear not allowed much oftner, I'm going to get angry."
6. "Wherever I have been, I am back."
7. "Forth now, and fear no darkness!"
8. "Don't go where I can't follow!"
9. "We are a failing people, a springless autumn."
10. "That was an eye-opener, and no mistake!"
11. "Go where you must go, and hope!"
12. "Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing?"
13. "One who cannot cast away a treasure at need is in fetters."
14. "May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!"
15. "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Don't forget to join the party here and enter the giveaways here!