Sunday, April 2, 2023

Join the Classic Children's Literature Party

My blogging friend Carissa is hosting a bookish event this month: The Classic Children's Literature Party!  Carissa says her goal with this event is "that your imagination would be sparked and that you would just feel warm and comfortable and joyful as you proceed through your reads."  Doesn't that sound jolly?

I've got a dozen or so classic children's books on my TBR shelves, so I plan to focus on those for my reading this month.  Being an inveterate mood reader, I don't know exactly what I'll be reading yet, but I'll be choosing from these to start with:

  • The Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde
  • The Lost Prince by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • Moonfleet by John Meade Falkner
  • The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
  • A Vicarage Family by Noel Streatfeild

How many of those will I read?  Well, one at least!  Maybe all of them!  We shall see :-)  I do have a couple adult books already started, so I want to finish one of them before starting another read.  But that should give me plenty of time in April to read one or two of these, if not more.

If you want to join this fun event, check out the kick-off post on Carissa's blog for more details!

4 comments:

  1. I love your list, and you have books on it that I've never tried, like Moonfleet. I'm excited to read your thoughts on them! And I'm glad you're participating, it'll be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to start Moonfleet this afternoon :-)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but I do love Oscar Wilde's writing! I've only read "The Importance of Being Earnest" which is a HOOT (because of course I'd sooner read a playscript XD) and I really enjoy all his quotes, but I don't think I've ever read one of his books. Do you have one you'd recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabby, I agree that Importance of Being Earnest is a hoot! I have read some of his other fiction, mainly Portrait of Dorian Gray and some short stories, but not his stories for kids, so this could be interesting! Not sure I would recommend Dorian, exactly, as it's a little disturbing... but also has a lot to say about the price of indulging in sin/shameful behavior, which gets pretty deep.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)