Sunday, February 6, 2022

"Sweet Dreams, Irene" by Jan Burke (again)

I am SO happy that I decided to reread this series.  It's bringing me such enjoyment!  I read Sweet Dreams, Irene in a day and a half.  Most of it this afternoon, in fact.  Just curled up on the couch and inhaled it.

Newspaper reporter Irene Kelly is now in a definite relationship with Frank Harriman.  They haven't quite told each other they love each other, but they both know it's true.  And then Frank's next-door neighbor is brutally murdered, an election Irene is covering for the newspaper seems to be affected by the murder, and both Frank and Irene get told they can't try to help solve this case because of their involvement with each other.

Also, there are Wiccans and possible Satanists involved.  Also, some runaway teens.  Also, a burly biker dude.  And Frank wants Irene to attend his family's Thanksgiving get-together.  So much drama!  So much tension!  So much galloping excitement as all the pieces tangled together start to become clear!

Is it weird that murder mysteries are my comfort reads?  Specific kinds of murder mysteries -- ones written by authors I can trust to give me a happy ending with restored moral balance.  Like Jan Burke.

If This was a Movie, I Would Rate It: R for a lot of bad language, torture, violent murder, and a lot of discussion of two unmarried people sleeping together (but they always fade to black after a kiss or a suggestive comment, which I appreciate).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)