Wednesday, March 17, 2021

"Laura Ingalls Wilder Country" by William Anderson

This book was so lovely!  I read most of it in one afternoon, engrossed in studying the photographs of various places that Laura Ingalls Wilder lived throughout her life, and learning a bit more about her actual history.  She did leave some things out of her books, like the hotel in Iowa that her family ran for a couple of years and the fact that they went back to Wisconsin after the events of Little House on the Prairie, not straight to Plum Creek.  So those was really fascinating to learn a bit about.  

Plus, it was just lovely to get to see actual photographs of her family!  I've seen a couple of them before, but this had many more than I had ever encountered.  If you're at all a fan of her books, this is definitely a great resource to pair with them.  My only complaint is that I wanted there to just be more and more and more, hee.  

If This was a Movie, I Would Rate It: G.  Great for all ages!

This was my 12th book read off my TBR shelves for #TheUnreadShelfProject2021

4 comments:

  1. My husband bought this for me years and years ago. I have wanted to go on a tour of all the home sites ever since. One day I will do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I want to do that too! I went to Plum Creek when I was a little girl, maybe 8 or 9, and vaguely remember it. My parents bought me a bright red bonnet from the gift shop there, which I still have :-)

      Delete
    2. I just requested this from the library. Thanks for reviewing it! I've lived in Minnesota my whole life (I'm older than you :), and finally got to go to Walnut Grove for the first time last summer with a friend and our daughters. The museum was great with lots of great photos and history to read about, but the highlight was going to Plum Creek, wading in the water there and seeing the dugout site.

      Delete
    3. Becky, how awesome! I hope you really like it too. I would love to tour all the Ingalls sites on some vacation, MN and IA and SD and MO all together. Maybe one day!

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)