Thursday, September 26, 2019

"Tolkien's World" Coloring Book

Do you enjoy adult coloring books?  I'm kind of addicted to them.  Especially the ones related to some fandom or other that I love.  So it's no surprise that I own several Tolkien-inspired coloring books.  Today, I'm going to take you on a tour of Tolkien's World.  The coloring book version, anyway.

You can actually color the slipcover if you want.  There's a different picture underneath.


The first picture I colored in this was the one I totally bought it for, a portrait of Boromir.  I had so much fun layering different colors on to get his hair and cloak to please me.


The artwork in this book is from several different artists with very different styles.  For some reason, this Smaug picture makes me think of the 1970s.


Here's a lovely Rider of Rohan I colored last month.


There are quite a few two-page panoramic pictures in this, which are a total treat.  I love all the little details!


This slice of the Shire was incredibly fun.


And here are a few pictures I haven't gotten to yet, but am looking forward to.






Have you been enjoying my Tolkien Blog Party this year?  I hope so!  I've only read a smidgen of other people's posts so far, but they've been wonderful, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest!  If you haven't joined yet... what're you waiting for?


22 comments:

  1. This looks happy! I really like the panoramic ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia, yes! The two-page panoramas are not something I get in a lot of coloring books, so I love those.

      Delete
  2. That Shire one is beautiful. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh... this looks loverly! (Mental note to add to my Amazon list asap.)

    Thoroughly enjoying the party and had a fantabulous time filling out the tag last night (but it was getting verrrrrry late so I didn't get satisfactory pictures in yet & we're babysitting today, so planning to post it properly tomorrow. Getting really excited though cause it was terribly fun to work on. Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, so glad you're having fun! I thought I was going to have time to read people's posts today, but I got busy and haven't had a chance to sit down until now, and in 2 mins I need to start supper going. Maybe after supper...

      Delete
  4. I like adult coloring books, but I usually don't really like the drawings. Like, I enjoy coloring them in, but the art doesn't please me. *siggghhhhh* ;D I wish Vincent van Gogh had made a Lord of the Rings coloring book. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna & Irene, I get that. You know, they do make coloring books of famous art like Van Gogh... but it's not LOTR-related.

      Delete
    2. Haha, I shouldn't really get a famous artist impersonator to do Lord of the Rings! I needs it!!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is totally awesome! I need to look into getting a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erudessa, glad to pass along the news of how fun this one is!

      Delete
  6. /YES/ I HAVE THIS COLORING BOOK!!! It's so pretty!!! I've done Legolas, the Awakening of Men, and Pipeweed for certain...I think I've done some others but I can't remember now. XP I love your Shire one!!! The colors are so pretty. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MEM, that's awesome! The Legolas pic is really nice, and probably one I'll color soon. Some of the artwork in this is not to my taste, but most of it, I like.

      Aww, thanks! Hard to go wrong with lots of greens and browns and happy colors on the doors, right?

      Delete
  7. That is gorgeous! I like the idea of coloring. But finding the time to sit down and actually do it is nigh-on-next-to-impossible! My kids LOVE coloring though. Might have to see if I can find a copy of this to put in Christmas stockings. We're reading The Hobbit out loud to them right now and they're enjoying it immensely (which makes this nerdy momma's heart swell to bursting) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenelle, yeah. When my kids were littler, I would color WITH them, just me in my book and them in theirs. Now I'll color while watching a movie with them that I've seen several times, or to relax after they're in bed sometimes.

      We give our kids their own copy of The Hobbit when they turn 8 -- it's become a rite of passage. My youngest will get hers in a few months and is so excited!

      Delete
  8. These are great, especially Smaug! I haven't done any adult coloring books but it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! I really enjoy it as a soothing way to feel artistic and productive while also relaxing.

      Delete
  9. This is so cool! Love how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye! I've had so much fun with this book :-)

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)