Sunday, September 22, 2019
A Tolkien Blog Party 2019 -- Kickoff Post
Here I am again! Back for the seventh year in a row to celebrate all things Tolkien with you for a full week. Huzzah!
I've already posted this year's giveaway, so don't forget to check that out here! There are lots and lots of ways to enter, and nine prizes!
This year, we're doing things a little differently. As always, there's a tag below that you can copy to your own blog and answer there, then put the link to your post in the linky widget at the bottom of this post. However, this year you can also contribute ANY Tolkien-related post to the party, as long as it is new. Don't link to stuff you posted like two years ago or something. But anything Tolkien-related is fair game, doesn't even have to involve Middle-earth. Review one of his books, talk about the movies, devote a whole post to your favorite character, whatever! There's no sign-up sheet, just post what you want to and then share your post via the link-up in this post.
Speaking of the tag questions, here they are! I decided to do a "would you rather" tag this time, just to mix things up a little. Answer these and expound on them as much as you'd like!
Would You Rather...
1. ...join Thorin's Company or the Fellowship?
2. ...ride Shadowfax or an eagle?
3. ...travel through Moria or Mirkwood?
4. ...learn to make elvish rope or mithril chainmail?
5. ...try to outwit Smaug or Saruman?
6. ...spend an hour with Grima Wormtongue or Denethor?
7. ...attend Faramir's wedding or Samwise's wedding?
8. ...have to care for the One Ring or the Arkenstone for a day?
9. ...have tea with Bilbo or Frodo?
10. ...fight alongside Boromir or Eomer?
Don't forget to use as many of these spiffy buttons in your posts as you so desire.
And here's the link-up widget! Remember, this is for all of your Tolkien posts for this week, not just the tag!