Happy Tolkien Week, dear friends! Let the fun begin :-)
Although there will be fewer games this year, I do still have some fun up my sleeve for later this week. But more importantly, here's the 2016 tag! Copy these questions onto your own blog and answer them, add your post to the linky thingie here, and then join me in toasting Bilbo and Frodo -- their birthday is on Thursday! Some of these are repeat questions from past parties, and some are new -- if you want to repeat your answers from a previous year for some of them, you may.
The Tolkien Tag 2016
1. How many books by J.R.R. Tolkien have you read?
2. Have you seen any movies based on them?
3. Are there any scenes/moments that make you cry?
4. Are there any scenes/moments that make you laugh?
5. Have you ever chosen a Middle Earth name for yourself? If so, what is it?
6. Who would you want to party with/marry/fight to the death? (pick three characters)
7. When was the last time you visited Middle Earth, via books or movies?
8. Do you consider Gollum to be a villain? Why or why not?
9. How would you sum up what Tolkien's stories mean to you in one word?
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotes from the books or movies.
Once you've added a link to your post to the linky widget above, leave a comment below so we all know there's something new to read :-) Then follow the links to read other people's posts and celebrate with them! And go enter the giveaway! I will be posting a game later this week, too. If you've got any kind of Tolkieny fun going on at your blog this week, please leave a link in the comments here too so we can join you.
Happy Tolkien Week!
EDIT: You can find a few more badges/buttons in by following this link if you want different ones!