Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Is There Any More?

Well, this is a day late because I was in surgery to repair my broken right arm yesterday.  But That Artsy Reader Girl's topic of "What books do you want epilogues for?" is so cool, I didn't want to skip it, so... here we are.


Some books end super satisfyingly, letting me visualize how life will go for the characters after that.  And some... don't give me as much closure as I want.  So, here are ten books I really want to read at least a quick epilogue for, just to be sure everything turns out okay a few days or weeks down the road.

I'm typing with only my left hand right now, so I am not providing descriptions or pictures or anything more than titles this time.  But all titles are linked to my reviews, if you want to know more about them.

  1. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  2. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
  3. Hamlet, Prince of Denmark by William Shakespeare
  4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schafer and Annie Barrows
  5. Shane by Jack Schaefer
  6. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  7. Jane of Lantern Hill by L. M. Montgomery
  8. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
  9. Girl in Disguise by Greer MacAllister
  10. Christy by Catherine Marshall

Shhh, yes, I know that some of these books have actual sequels by the original authors, or sequels written by others, but that's not the point.  I still want an epilogue.

14 comments:

  1. May you recover from your surgery quickly!

    I hope you someday get the epilogues you crave. I’ve wished for a sequel to Christy myself. :)

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-should-have-been-epilogues/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lydia! Taking it very easy and resting as much as I can.

      Christy really could have used a sequel!

      Thanks for the link -- I will check your post out :-)

      Delete
  2. North and South is one of my favorite books, but I agree, an epilogue would've been nice for sure. I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo right now for the first time and loving it! Preparing myself for perhaps needing a little more at the end :)
    Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, Mont Cristo is one of my top favorites, and I like the ending, but I'd love to know just a little more ;-)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Typing with only 1 hand is true dedication! I hope your arm will heal quickly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, well, I learned to do it many years ago while nursing babies, and it's been a handy skill ever since. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for making me desperately want epilogues to so many of these books. XD Especially The Outsiders and Hamlet!

    Praying for a quick recovery, as always. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, um, oops? :-D And, thanks! Today has been so much better than yesterday, even. Our bodies truly are miraculous.

      Delete
  5. First of all, sorry you broke your arm and had to had surgery. I hope it will heal quickly. Best wishes.

    I like your twist. Yes, I agree. I believe every good book should have an epilogue. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

    We don't just have Guernsey in common (and almost Middlemarch), I read quite a few of the books on your list.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I absolutely love the font of your title.

      Delete
    2. Marianne, thank you! Glad you enjoyed my list :-)

      And thanks for the compliment on my header! I'm a total Tolkien fan -- I even host a Tolkien blog party here every September. Stop by and join the fun in a few months, if you want!

      Delete
    3. Ah, I should have known. I love the look of everything Elvish but I'm not a big fantasy fan. How lovely that you do a Tolkien party. I'll have to tell my son, he read The Lord of the Rings when he was eleven and everything by Tolkien that he could get his hands on since.

      Delete
    4. Marianne, definitely invite your son to stop by the party! My kids are all Tolkien fans too :-)

      Delete
    5. I will, I just have no idea how busy he will be.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)