Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Winter is Coming


This week's prompt from The Broke and the Bookish is "Top Ten Books on Your Winter TBR List."  So here are the ten books I want to read next.

For once in my life, I am NOT listing these in any particular order.  It's possible I've had too much coffee already this morning.  Somebody stop me -- I'm being spontaneous!

1. The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien (technically, I'm already reading this, but who's counting?)

2. The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien (which I obviously would begin right after TTT.)

3. The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay (will be starting it SOON -- possibly today?)

4. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham (my pick for this year's Literary Christmas Challenge.)

5. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place by Maryrose Wood (I've read the first chapter aloud to my kids already, and it is So Much Fun!)

6. The Brass Compass by Ellen Butler (I got to hear the author speak this fall!)

7. How the West was Worn: Bustles and Buckskins on the Wild Frontier by Chris Enss (looks like it will be incredibly valuable for research purposes, but also fun.)

8. Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles by Elizabeth Ward and Alain Silver (cuz you know I love all things Raymond Chandler.)

9. If I'm Found by Terri Blackstock (because I loved the first book, If I Run, and really need to read the sequel before book 3 comes out!)

10. Death by the Book by Julianna Deering (I really dig the Drew Farthering series!  I've read books 1 and 4 and am now filling in the gaps.)


(Via Pinterest)

What's on your winter TBR list?

12 comments:

  1. You *have* had too much coffee today! You're reading the LotR books backwards!! LOL. This is what happens when you get a new bigger mug...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh! I knew this was too easy. Fixing now...

      I wasn't even *using* the bigger mug! That's yet to be washed from last night's revelry.

      Delete
  2. At least you stopped at ten, so that caffeine is under your control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, hope so! I usually drink about half a cup of coffee with breakfast and then finish it while the kids do their morning schoolwork, but today I drank the whole thing with breakfast and got a leeeeeeetle hyper. But not *too* hyper ;-)

      Delete
  3. I hope you get a chance to read all these! I love that snowman.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AJ! Me too!

      And I know, isn't that snowman the cutest? I am tempted to make one on top of my kids' bookshelf somehow.

      Delete
  4. These sound great! I really need to read something by Katherine Reay, any suggestions for a first one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, MC, my fave Reay book so far is A Portrait of Emily Price. They're all really good, so it's kind of hard to go wrong with picking one. Maybe just read the synopses of all of them and see which story appeals to you the most?

      Delete
  5. I'm unfamiliar with most of these (not the first two of course), but they look interesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joseph! There's a high number of newer books on here, as well as indie titles, so not surprised you haven't heard of them before.

      Delete
  6. Your books sound amazing, particularly The Austen Escape. I hope you enjoy it. I wrote about some books I haven't read yet but really should.

    https://bookslikewolves.wixsite.com/blog/single-post/2017/12/10/Blogmas-Day-10-7-Books-I-Still-haven%E2%80%99t-Read-in-2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophie! Sorry it took me a while to reply to this comment -- it got lost in the holiday shuffle. I really liked The Austen Escape -- I read it shortly after writing this post :-) Off to check out your list!

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)