This week's prompt from The Broke and the Bookish is "Top Ten Books on Your Winter TBR List." So here are the ten books I want to read next.
For once in my life, I am NOT listing these in any particular order. It's possible I've had too much coffee already this morning. Somebody stop me -- I'm being spontaneous!
1. The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien (technically, I'm already reading this, but who's counting?)
2. The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien (which I obviously would begin right after TTT.)
3. The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay (will be starting it SOON -- possibly today?)
4. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham (my pick for this year's Literary Christmas Challenge.)
5. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place by Maryrose Wood (I've read the first chapter aloud to my kids already, and it is So Much Fun!)
6. The Brass Compass by Ellen Butler (I got to hear the author speak this fall!)
7. How the West was Worn: Bustles and Buckskins on the Wild Frontier by Chris Enss (looks like it will be incredibly valuable for research purposes, but also fun.)
8. Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles by Elizabeth Ward and Alain Silver (cuz you know I love all things Raymond Chandler.)
9. If I'm Found by Terri Blackstock (because I loved the first book, If I Run, and really need to read the sequel before book 3 comes out!)
10. Death by the Book by Julianna Deering (I really dig the Drew Farthering series! I've read books 1 and 4 and am now filling in the gaps.)
What's on your winter TBR list?