Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Literary Collage of Sorts

You remember that I posted last month about my blogging friend Jamie opening a new literature-oriented shop?  The Books and Beverages Shoppe, to be precise.  I liked the postcards she sent me for a preview item so much, I bought a whole set.  I thought you might like to see what I've done with my three favorites:



This hangs beside our front door now, kind of a daily reminder for me to think about whatever my current writing WIP is.  And also an excuse to display some other postcards I've owned for close to twenty years now and never really done anything with.  The top one is John Wayne and his youngest son on the set of True Grit, the middle one is Montgomery Clift on the set of The Misfits, and the bottom is two actual cowgirls from back when the west was truly wild.  

Anyway, I'd said in my earlier post that I meant to hang up some of these to inspire myself, and thought you might like seeing what I ended up doing with them.  Though, now Jamie has added already-matted 5"x7" versions of these same quotes to her shop here, which makes me kind of wish I'd waited on framing these, hee!  Still, I like how it turned out overall.

10 comments:

  1. My sister gave me a frame exactly like that for Christmas! Hmmmm, I feel an idea coming on....;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma Jane, what a coincidence! And oooooh, have fun with that idea :-)

      Delete
  2. They look great! I haven't gotten anything from Jamie's shop yet, but definitely planning to. So many awesome things to choose from! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kara! I know, she has some super cool things there. And she keeps adding more. Now she has keychains too...

      Delete
  3. Awww, that is so cute! I'll have to wander through Jamie's shop now. I love stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carissa :-) I'm pretty pleased with it. Enjoy your virtual wander through her shop!

      Delete
  4. Yay!!! It looks fabulous!!! I might have to do something like this for myself too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! I love walking past it numerous times a day :-)

      Delete
  5. How fun! I need to do something like that--not Wild West themed for me, but something inspirational and fun. :) And her shop is great! I might have to buy one of those blog planners; I'm so disorganized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! I'm really liking where it's hung -- not a focal point of a room, just a nice little reminder now and then.

      I really like the blog planner -- it's helping me keep track of my Femnista due dates, upcoming blog events, etc.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)