Saturday, January 30, 2016

My Life According to Literature 2015

I'm copying this from All the Pretty Books because it seems fun.  I've done something similar before, but that was a couple of years ago, so figured it was time to try it again.  The original meme says to use only books you've read in the past year, so here goes!

(Source)

Describe yourself: The Quiet Little Woman (Louisa May Alcott)

How do you feel today: Ain't We Got Fun (Emily Chapman and Emily Ann Putzke)

Describe where you currently live:  North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell)  (We live in the northern part of a Southern state.)

If you could go anywhere, you would go to:  The Blue Castle (Lucy Maud Montgomery)  (In a heartbeat, honey!)

Your favorite form of transportation:  A Snicker of Magic (Natalie Lloyd)

Your best friend is:  The Secret Fiend (Shane Peacock)  (And you KNOW what I'm talking about!  You had better keep that promise to not kill off my favorite character!!!)

You and your friends are:  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows)

What's the weather like:  Fortunately, the Milk (Neil Gaiman)  (We got 2 feet of snow in 36 hours last weekend.  Fortunately, we had plenty of milk.)

You fear:  Death by Petticoat (Mary Miley Theobald)  (Doesn't everyone?)

What's the best advice you have to give:  A Jane Austen Education (William Deresiewicz)  

Thought for the day:  Let's Pretend This Never Happened (Jenny Lawson)

How you would like to die:  In the Company of Sherlock Holmes (ed. by Laurie R. King and Leslie S. Klinger)

Your soul's imagination's present condition:  Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper (SARK)


That was fun!  Feel free to snurch this if you want to do it yourself.

15 comments:

  1. Hahahah! Yes, I know what you're talking about. Promise will be kept. :-D

    This was very fun to read. If I hadn't read only like four books last year, I'd do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I probably will steal this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answers! They were such fun, specially the fear of dying by petticoat :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Masanobu! I know, some of them were just so entirely perfect -- like hoping to die in the company of Sherlock Holmes? I couldn't have found a better answer if I'd scoured my bookshelves!

      Delete
  4. This is so much fun! Your answers are really great. I'm not sure if I have time to do this, but I really want to. Would you mind if I used it someday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! You may certainly use it! I didn't create it, and "borrowed" it myself :-)

      Delete
  5. I love this! And I want to join. My post will hopefully come tomorrow. :)

    Your answers made me laugh, especially the Death by Petticoat one! I imagine that yes, we all do indeed fear that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your post, Kara :-) And yes, wasn't that the most perfect book title? I chortled over it, and wanting to die in the company of Sherlock Holmes -- they seemed made to order!

      Delete
  6. Hahaha! This was awesome! I'd love to do this…I guess we'll have to see if I can get it done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snurch accepted - better late than never!
    http://bronasbooks.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/stories-and-shout-outs.html

    I might have to meet you in The Blue Castle :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, Brona :-) Off to read your answers!

      Who doesn't want to visit the Blue Castle?

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)