Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

My hearty thanks to Fawnabelle Baggins for giving me this award!


Here are my answers to her questions:

What is your favorite fandom?


If you mean, what's my favorite fandom that I'm in, then Combat!, my favorite TV show about WWII soldiers that aired from 1962 to 1967.  I co-run a fansite for it called Fruit Salad, where I share episode reviews and fanfic.  I've written or co-written more than 30 stories for Combat!, so yeah, it's my favorite <3


Are you obsessed with that fandom?

Not as much as I was about 10 years ago, but I do still love the show, and I'm still good friends with lots of people I met through the fandom.  Combat! has been an amazing blessing -- it gave me my best friend, and I continue to find new friends through it.


What is your favorite book and why?

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.  I love the characters -- determined, strong-willed Jane and angry, remorseful Mr. Rochester in particular.

What is your favorite hobby?


Since I don't make much money at it yet, I think I can still call writing my hobby.

How much time and effort do you put into your hobby?

Um, not as much as I ought to?  I only spend 2-5 hours a week on my fiction writing, though of course if you add in blogging that number more than doubles.

Where would you live in any fictional world and why?

I think I'd like to live in Avonlea, in the Anne of Green Gables books.  It's rural, quiet, and full of people who care about each other.  Second choice would probably be Mitford from Jan Karon's books, for basically the same reasons.


What is your favorite movie and why?

The Man from Snowy River (1982).  I've loved it since I was 2 years old, when I saw it in the theater with my parents.  I love it because it's full of horses, it's got great themes of "proving yourself" and "doing what's right even though it's hard."  And as I said in this post, I think by this point, it's mostly because I have seen it so often, I am best friends with all the characters, in a way. Partly, it's because it inspired a life-long love of horses and Australia. This movie has so many themes that resonate with me: false accusations, forbidden love, proving yourself when others doubt your abilities... do I love the movie because of those themes, or do I love those themes because of this movie? At this point, there's no way I can know.


What is one meal that you think you can eat every day forever?

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I ate them for lunch for five years straight when I first got out of college, so yup, pretty sure I could eat them every day forever.

You just won the lottery. What would you buy first?


I'd pay off our mortgage (so boring, I know).

If you were a cookie, what kind of cookie would you be?


An Oreo.  I go equally well with milk or coffee!


I've done a bunch of tags recently, here and on my Soliloquy blog, so I'm not going to tag anyone today, for fear of overtagging my friends.  If you want to do this, feel free to answer Fawnabelle's questions yourself and consider you've been tagged by me :-)

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun tag! :) I just might have to do this one if I get the time (which probably won't happen, for the reasons I outlined in the email I sent you :P).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, it's not like it expires! You could copy over the questions into a post draft and if you get around to it later, great! If you don't, ditch the draft.

      But yes, right now you are MUCH too busy.

      Delete
  2. Well, now I want oreos! I haven't had some in a long time. Too long.

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, me too! Alas, we just finished off a package.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)