Thursday, June 8, 2023

"The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" (Manga Classics) by Mark Twain (original story), Crystal S. Chan (story adaptation), and Kuma Chan (art)

I have loved Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn ever since I was in single digits and read the Great Illustrated Classics abridged versions of their books.  I later read the actual books by Twain, repeatedly, and very much enjoyed them, especially The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.  So I was fully prepared to relish this Manga Classics edition... and I did!  It was just the right blend of childhood fun and mischief, adventure, and frolicsome fun.  I can't wait to read their version of Huck's story.

This was a perfect summertime read!  Also, it's really cool how the cover for this one and for The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn fit together to make one whole map and picture.  You'll see what I mean if you search online for their covers.

If This was a Movie, I Would Rate It: PG for a couple of mild curse words and racial slurs that are used in the original book.  

This is my 31st book read from my TBR shelves for #TheUnreadShelfProject2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)