Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: New Acquisitions

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic from That Artsy Reader Girl is "Most Recent Additions to My Book Collection."  


I have been working hard at reading down my TBR shelves, using #TheUnreadShelfProject to help me keep motivated, so I have been trying not to buy quite so many books.  And I also didn't ask for many books for Christmas, for the same reason.  But I do still buy books here and there -- life of a bibliophile, right?  So, between a few purchases this month, Christmas gifts, and a few purchases last month, here are the ten books I have most recently acquired:

The Depths We'll Go To edited by Alex Silvius

The London House by Katherine Reay

The Lone Ranger and the Mystery Ranch by Fran Striker

The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope

Stoneheart Hunt by Abby D. Jones and Martin Brodde

Twice Freed by Patricia St. John

The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Yan Glaser (reviewed here)

The Vanderbeekers and the Hidden Garden by Karina Yan Glaser

The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue by Karina Yan Glaser

Yours is the Night by Amanda Dykes

(From my Instagram account)

Have you read any of these?  Did you share a TTT post this week?

6 comments:

  1. The #TheUnreadShelfProject sounds like a great way to read those books that have been on our shelves for ages! Hopefully you enjoy reading the books you recently added.

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lectrice, it has been so helpful for me. I have become so much more mindful with my book-buying, and it's been such a good reminder to read all those books I already own. I bought them because I wanted to read them, so now I should read them, right?

      Thanks for the link!

      Delete
  2. Buying books is one of the many joys of life!! Have you ever read The Prisoner of Zenda? I REALLY love that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, this is true! And this is why I have soooo many 8-)

      Nope, haven't read Zenda before! It looks like a rollicking good time, though!

      Delete
  3. YAY for "The London House." I'm really hoping that's a grand read. :) also, I have Amanda's too but haven't yet read it. Did love her earlier release though so there's good expectations there. Many thanks for visiting Finding Wonderland on this week, Rachel! I appreciate this very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I have high hopes for The London House, for sure! I haven't tried anything by Amanda Dykes before, but a friend gave me this, so I look forward to trying it out :-)

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)