Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Tolkien Blog Party 2021 -- Kick-Off Post + Tag

Welcome, hobbits and humans, elves and dwarves, and all free peoples!  Welcome to the ninth annual Tolkien Blog Party.

Nine is such a significant number in Lord of the Rings.  There are nine companions in the fellowship of the Ring, nine Nazgul, and so on.  I'm really excited that this event has been so long-lived!  I look forward to hosting it every year.  I collect up prizes for the giveaway for months.  It's such a delight to share the love of Tolkien's storytelling with you, year after year!

Speaking of the giveaway, I posted that a couple minutes ago, so you can check out the prizes and enter it right here.  It's open worldwide, as always!

I did something a little different with this year's tag, to reflect the theme of nine.  Here it is:

1. Aragorn: Favorite Tolkien hero/heroine

2. Boromir: Favorite Tolkien character arc

3. Frodo: Favorite song or poem by Tolkien

4. Gandalf: Favorite wise Tolkien quotation

5. Gimli: A Middle-earth location you'd like to visit

6. Legolas: Favorite Middle-earth Weapon

7. Merry: Favorite way to celebrate Tolkien's stories

8. Pippin: Favorite funny Tolkien quotation

9. Samwise: A Middle-earth food you'd like to try

Just copy that to your own blog and answer it, then be sure to share a link to your post in the widget below.

Like last year, you are not limited to doing that tag, when it comes to participating in this party!  You can contribute ANY Tolkien-related post, as long as it is new. (Please don't link to something you posted last year, for instance.) 

Anything Tolkien-related is welcome -- it doesn't have to revolve around Middle-earth. You could review a book by or about Tolkien, share thoughts about the movies, list off your favorite Tolkien quotations, share your collection of LOTR merch, whatever! There's no sign-up sheet, just post what you want to and then share your post via this link-up:


Don't forget to add a button to your posts!  I think these are my favorite buttons of any I've made for this event.  Practice makes perfect?  Anyway, be sure to link back to this post so your blog followers can come party with us.

I'll be posting a couple of games over the course of this week, so be sure to check back for those!  Especially since participating in them can gain you bonus entries in the giveaway.

Thank you for joining me to celebrate the inspirational storytelling of J. R. R. Tolkien.  I hope you'll have fun, enjoy reading each others' posts, and maybe even make some new friends. I'm so glad you're here!

28 comments:

  1. Yay!! So excited! I plan to work on the tag tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, great! I need to work on my answers to it too...

      Delete
  2. Aaaah, I'm so excited!! I've been counting down the days, for sure. ;)

    Stop, this year's questions are so cool! I love it.

    Also, I was reading back through the announcement post yesterday and realized that I didn't mention in my comment: I love this year's buttons, too! I completely forgot to put one on my sidebar leading up to it, but I love them. Especially the ones of the Fellowship. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia, awww, that's fun :-) I also look forward for weeks/months to this event.

      These are my favorite buttons for this event. I adore them. I want to use them forever. Glad you like them too!

      Delete
  3. So excited!!! This year's questions look PHENOMENAL and I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to answer them. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha, thank you! I've been working on my answers for them this afternoon, and they're definitely not easy!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I just linked to my first post. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this so much! The prompts are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only question I can answer is #1 - Favorite Tolkien hero/heroine - This would be Eowyn but I don't think I know enough of this character but I love that she is bold and can fight just as well as the man. I admit, the only Tolkien thing I know is the Lord of the ring movie trilogy, I like the movies even it had been a while since I saw them.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lissa, Eowyn is awesome! One of my best friends named her daughter Eowyn, in fact. She's such a realistic blend of strength and doubt and hope and fear.

      I think you can answer all of these based on the movies -- I always try to make the prompts work for those who have only seen the movies, and those who have only read the books, and those who have done both. Sometimes there will be a game that only works for those who have read the books, or only those who have seen the movies, but I try to make the tag accessible to all.

      Delete
    2. Well, I decided to answer the tag after all. Thank you for hosting the party.

      Have a lovely day.

      Delete
    3. Glad you could join, Lissa! I look forward to reading your post :-)

      Delete
  6. So excited! It so fun to see everyone's answers! These questions are tricky, and I'm hoping to answer them sometime later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining the fun, Pages to Remember! I look forward to reading your tag post :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi Hamlette! I'm Miss K and I blog over at todaywithmissk.blogspot.com. I saw your party last year from Sam, but I never got around to participating. I just took a little break from studying and got my tag answers posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss K, I'm so glad you were able to join this year! I've been dreadfully busy, but I'm hoping to have time this week to read everyone's posts :-)

      Delete
  8. I'm finally done with the questions! They were kinda hard to answer but so much fun. 😊 I enjoyed answering them a lot. I just wish I could contribute another post but I don't think I'm creative enough and I'm not very good at writing reviews.
    I'll enjoy reading all the other submitted posts though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shire Rose, this is exactly why I always provide a tag to fill out -- so people who aren't sure what to post about will have that option! I'm glad you joined in, and that you've been enjoying the other posts :-)

      Delete
  9. I just posted my tag answers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such nostalgia goes with this blog party! I love it. I'm always so thrilled to hear that you are going to host it again. Great questions this year, and great buttons, too! I hope to play the games tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe, awww, that's cool that it gives you nostalgic feels :-) It does me too! And thanks, I had such fun with both the questions and the buttons.

      Delete
  11. Linked up my tag answers and my post on Eowyn :). So wonderful to be participating in the party after such a long hiatus (I think four years *gasp*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, thanks for your contributions! It's lovely to have you back :-)

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)