Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Recent Additions


This week's TTT topic from The Broke and the Bookish is "books I've added to my to-read list lately."  Here goes!



The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz -- I think it was Dale's review at Mirror w/Clouds that made me put this on my list.

Echoes of Sherlock Holmes ed. by Laurie R. King and Leslie S. Klinger -- I've loved the two previous collections of Holmes-inspired stories edited by King and Klinger, so this is at the top of my Christmas wish list right now.

How to be a Heroine by Samantha Ellis -- No idea anymore where I heard about this, but it looks really fun!

I'd Die for You and Other Lost Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald -- Hanna at Book Geeks Anonymous linked to this article and I didn't even finish reading the article before adding this collection of never-published Fitzgerald stories to my list.

Looking for Anne of Green Gables by Irene Gammel -- I don't remember where I heard about this, but now that I'm almost finished with Anne book #9, I'm interested in learning more about L. M. Montgomery herself.



Montana Rides! by Evan Evans (Max Brand) -- The Alan Ladd western Branded (1950) is based on this book, and I quite love the movie, so time to try the book! 

My Dear Bessie:  A Love Story in Letters by Chris Barker & Bessie Moore -- Jennifer at Holds Upon Happiness reviewed this recently, and I put it on my TBR immediately. 

The Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay -- Evvvvvvvverybody is buzzing about this book right now!  I've got a hold request in for it at the library, and hope to get it soon soon soon!

The Story People by Heather Kaufman -- Nobody at all has recommended this to me, but it's about a guy who runs a bookstore and a children's book author, and looks really sweet.

Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston -- Dale at Mirror w/Clouds reviewed this recently and I promptly added it to my TBR list.

That's my ten for this week, folks!  Have you read any of these?  Did you do a TTT list this week?  Please share!

And if you live in the USA, don't forget to vote!


(Source)

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed How to Be a Heroine, it was quite interesting :) I'm also looking forward to reading A Portrait of Emily Price (although, I've also yet to read the author's previous book)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! Good to hear HTBAH was fun. I've definitely enjoyed Katherine Reay's previous 3 books, so can't wait to see what she does with this one! I hear it involves Jane Austen's Emma...

      Delete
  2. My youngest daughter (13) just read Anne of Green Gables and really liked it. It's another one I need to read. I think it will be on my To Be Read list for 2017. I've also read some interesting things about L. M. Montgomery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dale, good for your daughter! I like the whole series, but I love the first 4 books.

      Delete
  3. How to be a Heroine sounds interesting. I read a review of it recently but then forgot about it. I need to do a better job keeping track of all the books I want to read. Of course, that list just keeps getting longer and longer and longer....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I know, doesn't it sound like, well, like those of us who read books and books and more books?

      I started out with a little notebook where I tracked books I wanted to read. Kept that up for like 10 years. Then I started a list on my library's website when we moved here and they had the feature to make and save lists. Then when I started this blog, I put both lists together on here. Nice to have it in one place.

      Delete
  4. Max Brand is a favorite at my library - maybe I should try some of his sometime. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, I read a bunch of Max Brand books as a teen, but haven't read any since, so I'm looking forward to reacquainting myself with him. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Their Eyes Were Watching God has been on mine for awhile. I bought a used copy a loooong time ago. Someday.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)