Sunday, April 7, 2024

The I'll Get Around to It Tag

I found this at The Christian Fiction Girl and thought it looked like good fun, especially as I eye my TBR stacks and shelves, and see how they just keep filling up no matter how assiduously I try to empty them.


The Rules 
  • Link back to the original post @ Quote, Unquote
  • Link back to the person who tagged you. 
  • You may use the included graphic anywhere in your post (optional; a black clock with Roman numerals) 
  • Answer all seven categories with a book. 
  • Tag seven others. (optional)

The Categories

1. A classic book that you have been meaning to read forever but haven’t yet

Moby-Dick by Herman Melville.  I even bought myself a really pretty copy a couple years ago, but that still hasn't gotten me to actually read it.  Yet.

2. A book on your shelf that you haven’t read yet 

Um, I have more than 400 books on my shelves that I haven't read yet.  And you want me to pick one?  Well, I shall pick Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes, which has been on my TBR shelves longer than two of my kids have been alive...


3. A book that you got recently that you haven’t read 

I just picked up a lovely copy of The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens at a thrift store recently.  Will read it someday.

4. A book that you’ve had forever but haven’t read 

I've had Under the Deodars by Rudyard Kipling on my shelves since before all three of my kids were born.  Still haven't read it.

5. A book a friend recommended that you haven’t read 

People tell me I will love The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery, and I have a copy on my shelves for when I am in the right mood for some Montgomery!


6. A book you’re procrastinating on 

I keep telling myself to read Villette by Charlotte Bronte, but I am a little afraid to try it, to be honest.  I'm afraid I will compare it to Jane Eyre too much, and it can't possibly live up to that.  I know I can choose not to compare them intentionally, but I worry I will do it subconsciously.  One of these days, I'll read it!

7. The next book on your TBR

Break the Beast by Allison Tebo, a fantasy retelling of Beowulf!



Not tagging anyone with this today because I just don't feel like it.  Play if you want to!


The categories again, for your copying ease:

A classic book that you have been meaning to read forever but haven’t yet 
A book on your shelf that you haven’t read yet 
A book that you got recently that you haven’t read 
A book that you’ve had forever but haven’t read 
A book a friend recommended that you haven’t read 
A book you’re procrastinating on 
The next book on your TBR

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, love this! I may have to snag it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, you are welcome to snag it and fill it out for yourself! Have fun :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm just going to say it...Moby Dick isn't worth it. XD

    I've been thinking about reading Villette, too! My siblings just read it for Literature and enjoyed it, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha, well, I hear conflicting things about Moby-Dick, so I figure I just need to try it for myself to see if I like it or not :-)

      Villette strikes me as an autumnal read for some reason, so I hope to try it then.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)