Wednesday, November 25, 2020

"Aslan's World" by Angus Menuge

I. Loved. This. Book.

This Bible study is broken into six sections that each tackle some part of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and the Biblical truths that are presented fictionally by C. S. Lewis in that book.  I learned a lot from it, and I'm going to have my son use it for school later this year.  It's aimed at probably middle school on up, but younger kids could get a lot from it too, with more help from an adult or parent.  

There's a leader guide at the back with some explanations and answers, and also a list of additional resources for those looking to dig deeper.  My Christmas wish list just got longer, friends.

This was published in 2006 in book form, but it's out of print now, except as a downloadable Bible study offered by Concordia Publishing House.  However, you can find used copies other places.  I heartily recommend it for anyone who wants to dig deeper into the first Narnia book, or the Narnia world as a whole.

This has been another book read for My Year with C.S. Lewis, and also my 44th book read off my TBR shelves for #TheUnreadShelfProject2020.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh sounds interesting. I read a book a while back that was something similar, I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skye, I definitely recommend this one! What was the other book like it you read?

      Delete
  2. Gonna have to add this to my wishlist. I've been wanting to reread The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which is my childhood favorite. This would be a great pairing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, it's really excellent for delving into LWW in a deeper way. I hope you can find a copy!

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)