Thursday, July 18, 2019

"Tales from Alegaesia: The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm" by Christopher Paolini

It's been a decade since I read Eragon by Christopher Paolini, though not quite long since I finished the Inheritance Cycle, but it's definitely been a minute or two since I visited AlegaĆ«sia.  I very much enjoyed the series as a whole -- it's one of the few fantasy series I've been able to get really into -- so it was a big treat to discover this new book at Walmart while on vacation!

This book has three short stories bound up within the framework of Eragon and Saphira helping to build the home of the new Dragon Rider training academy.  Eragon is struggling with his new duties, and each of these stories teaches him something that will aid him in his work.  Of the three, "The Worm" was my favorite, though I enjoyed all three of them.

The cover says "Tales from AlegaĆ«sia: Volume I" which makes me super hopeful that there will be more like this!  Also, now I want to dive back into the series, so I'm bumping them way up my re-read list (which is entirely in my head and subject to change at my slightest whim, like the fact that I just joined an IG read-along for War and Peace that starts in about a week, but whatever).

If This was a Movie, I Would Rate It:  PG for fantasy violence and peril.

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this!!! Thanks for the review!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MEM, I didn't even know it existed until I saw it on the shelf. I may have squealed aloud with excitement...

      Delete
  2. I was so happy when I found this and enjoyed it thoroughly! Glad to hear you enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)