Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sean Bean Statement Regarding Boromir's Death

In this lovely interview, Sean Bean spoke briefly of Boromir's death in The Fellowship of the Ring.  I love how he puts this:

"And it was the way I kind of imagined it, a very worthy death. He kind of turned into the man he once was, before the Ring made him crazy and corrupted his weaknesses. He was allowed to become Boromir of old."

Perfect!  Exactly what I feel!  Just wanted to share cuz you know how much I love Boromir and everything.  


6 comments:

  1. Sean Bean is a ridiculously cool guy! And that is a lovely quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! Sean Bean's Boromir is one of my very favorites from LOTR. I feel like he is so true to life, someone with noble intentions but tragically self-misguided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will freely admit that I have Sean Bean to thank for me getting into LOTR. I had zero interest in seeing the movies or reading the books until a friend said, "Oh, I see Sean Bean is playing Boromir." I was like, "Wait, Sean Bean is in it? Yeah, I'll go see it with you!"

      I'm not sure, though, that I'd call Boromir self-misguided. The ring corrupted his intentions and used his confidence in his own strength to make him believe he could wield the ring. Misguided, certainly, and far too proud. But he didn't set out saying, "I can do this." He slid slowly under the ring's influence throughout the journey. Anyway, that's how I read it :-)

      Delete
  3. Sean Bean is one of my top favorite actors! I love Boromir and agree with Sean 100%

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! He is never anything but delightful, even when he's being mean and awful.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)