Thursday, May 26, 2016

"Much Ado About Anne" by Heather Vogel Frederick

Since I'm reading all the Anne books this year, I figured this was a good time to pull out Much Ado About Anne and read it too!  Like the other two books I've read in this series, it was an enjoyable read.  I like the girls in this club better and better with every book, and even though I hadn't read one in over a year, I was able to slip right back into the series with no hitches at all.  

I don't have a lot to say about this book -- it's a fun, fast read, but digs into some deeper issues here and there too.  One girl's widowed mother decides to get married again, which leads to some good insights into what that feels like for all involved:  daughter, mother, and step-dad-to-be.  

If This was a Movie, I Would Rate It:  G.  Like the other books I've read in this series, it's clean, wholesome, and thought-provoking.  I can recommend it with no reservations.

2 comments:

  1. Since I like Anne so much, I should probably try this one, huh? I would like to for sure! Now to find myself a copy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might! I do like how the characters compare their life situations to stuff that happens to Anne now and then, and I learned some new things about LMM and PEI too.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)