Friday, May 5, 2017

INSPY Biz

The 2017 shortlists for the INSPY Awards were announced here earlier this week.  Since I'm judging the Mystery/Thriller category, I have about five weeks now to read these five finalists:


  • Conspiracy of Silence by Ronie Kendig
  • Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey
  • Dressed for Death by Julianna Deering
  • If I Run by Terri Blackstock
  • When Death Draws Near by Carrie Stuart Parks


(Source)

Happily, my library has a couple of these, so I got to start reading yesterday already.  BUT.  To keep the judging fair and confidential, I can't discuss these books until after the winners have been announced.  So I can't post reviews here, or even rate the books on GoodReads, until after the awards are decided and posted.  Which means you'll be seeing fewer book reviews from me for a while.

Just so you know!

5 comments:

  1. Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is INSPY? I clicked on the link, but is the contest for any Christian books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any Christian books published in print form for the first time within a specific calendar year, yes. So I'm judging books published in 2016. They did open it up to independently published books recently, but only if they're available in print form and not only e-book. You can read their criteria on this page. They'll begin accepting new nominations at the end of December. Anybody can nominate books!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and they're called INSPYs to bring to mind the word "inspire." You can read more on their FAQ page.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Rachel! This is really neat, especially since I have not heard of it before. :-)

      Delete
    4. You're welcome! I only first heard of them maybe 3 years ago, but they've been around since 2010.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)