Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Birthday Blog Party for Sherlock Holmes

I've been tossing around the idea of throwing a blog birthday party for Sherlock Holmes -- traditionally, his birthday has been assumed to be January 6, though I'm not entirely sure how they determined that.  But whatever.  The point is... I'm going to do it.  I'm going to throw a one-day shindig, like a shorter version of my Tolkien blog party, with a bunch of questions that participants can answer on their own blogs, a link-up, maybe some kind of trivia game or something, and a giveaway.

If you think that sounds like fun, please add this badge to your blog or post about this to spread the word :-)  And if you feel like chiming in here and saying, "That sounds fun!" then I would have a bit of an idea on how many participants to plan for...



15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wanted to be the first person who got to say that :D

      Delete
  2. Fun! I'll break out my new Sherlock Holmes book and refresh my memory with the awesome braininess of Sir. Arthur Connan Doyle. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Sounds exciting - count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah! Thanks for all the support, guys. For right now, I'll just say that I have three awesome giveaway prizes for this already :-D And if I get a chance, I might see if any Etsy sellers are interested in donating some, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is perfect! I just happen to have at least five Sherlock Holmes related blog posts on the make, including that one about different Baskervilles screen adaptations. I can't wait what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say, I can't wait _to see_ what you come up with! Writing at top speed while being happily excited makes embarrassing things happen...

      Delete
  6. This sounds awesome! I love BBC Sherlock series. I've finally read one of the books and plan to read more.

    January 6th, it will be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun. If I have time when you post the questions, I will try to participate.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm getting pretty psyched by how many people are interested in participating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like fun! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)