Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: I've Changed My Mind


This week's TTT topic from That Artsy Reader Girl is "Top Ten Books You've Lost Interest In."  Drawing on my Goodreads TBR list, the books I've put on a similar list on my local library's website, and my TBR list here on my blog, here are ten books that I once thought I might want to read, but have decided I'm not really interested in after all.  They are getting removed from my TBR lists today!

Double Indemnity by James M. Cain.  Although I love film noir and Raymond Chandler and Barbara Stanwyck, I really don't like the movie very well.  I understand how good it is, but I don't LIKE it.  So why would I read the book it's based on?

Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanin.  I have no memory of putting this book on my TBR list.  Hmm.

The Humanity Project by Jean Thompson.  Not even sure what made me want to read this.

The Hypnotist by Lars Kepler.  I've read it's disturbingly gory, so yeah... skipping that one.

The Lola Quartet by Emily St. John Mandel.  Sounds depressing.

The Maid's Version by Daniel Woodrell.  No longer interests me.

A Match Made in Texas novella collection.  I'm guessing just the fact that it was Christian fiction set in Texas was what interested me?

Miss Christmas by Gigi Garrett.  I added this to my TBR in a fit of holiday fervor, but now I'm thinking that nope, not my thing.

Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz.  I didn't like The House of Silk, so not going to bother reading another one.

The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco.  Now sounds creepier than I really want to deal with.


Okay, that's my ten!  Any books here you've read?  Do you think I should put them back on my TBR?  Or do you agree I've got better things to read?

6 comments:

  1. AHHH!! I tried House of Silk AND Moriarty. I couldn't get past 50 pages on either. Blech.
    I went a totally different way for my TTT: https://mwgerard.com/top-ten-tuesday-book-festival-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MWGerard, I did finish House of Silk, but I did NOT like it in the end. It brought in some really distasteful subject matter.

      I shall check out your list!

      Delete
  2. I've read Double Indemnity. Liked it better than the Stanwyck movie. It's a very short, fast-paced read, mostly dialogue. The ending's different. I liked the characters better too. Not saying put it back on the list, but it's one you can finish in an hour or two at most if you ever did want to read it.

    I'm afraid I haven't even heard of the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DKoren, that's intriguing! Maybe it will end up back on my TBR list. Like if I happen on it at a book store or something.

      Delete
  3. I have read Flipped a couple of times and enjoyed it.It is a young adult novel about the relationship between a boy and girl.An interesting aspect is that one chapter is from his point of view and the next one is her view point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert, I did like the idea of alternating the chapters, but I guess I need more than that to interest me in a book -- I'm not big on books where the focus is all on a relationship. Thanks for your input, tho!

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)