Friday, August 26, 2016

Tolkien Party Idea


Lovely friends, I have a problem.  I'm horrifyingly busy right now.  And have been all summer.  And will be through the end of September.  (Possibly forever, but I'm trying to be optimistic right now, 'kay?)

And I had been thinking that I might have to skip hosting my annual Tolkien Blog Party of Special Magnificence.  Because Tolkien Week is less than a month away, and I have had zero time to prep for it.  By now, I've usually got giveaway donations lined up and am working on the games.  And I haven't had time to do anything at all for it this year.  Let's face it:  I'm having a really hard time keeping up with my own Jane Eyre read-along right now.

But I don't want to skip the party entirely.

So I'd like to know what you think of this idea:  What if I did a stripped-down version of the party this year?  Still have a Tolkien tag for everyone to fill out, still have a few prizes that I've found on my own.  Maybe have one game if I can put one together between now and then.

It would be a Tolkien Blog Party, just not one of Special Magnificence.

What do you think?


11 comments:

  1. Yes please! A stripped-down party is a party nonetheless! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote, Fawnabelle! I think I can do a small one :-)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely!! It's still a party and parties, no matter how big or small, are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erudessa, thanks! I think I'm going to try a small version :-)

      Delete
  3. Totally! I was just wondering yesterday if you were hoping to do the party again this year.

    I'm totally getting the busyness thing right now. :/

    Even with just a tag and maybe a game, it will still be fun, I'm sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, interesting timing! We'll see what I can come up with :-)

      Delete
  4. That'd absolutely still count! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, this new look <3 I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

      Delete
    2. Olivia, as you can see by my sidebar, I'm going to go ahead and do it :-) Making some new buttons, and I'll post more about this soon.

      And thanks! I switched it up for the read-along and have been enjoying the outdoorsyness of it myself.

      Delete
  5. Yes, a small party is better than no party at all!! :D

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)