Sunday, July 13, 2014

Coming Soon to a Precipice Near You

Time for a quick update on the things I've got planned for this blog for the next few months.  First off, of course, The Old Man and the Sea read-along begins next week!  I've decided to do it rather differently than I did the LOTR read-along because this is such a short book.  I'll do a kick-off post on Monday, with a linky thing.  Then everyone who does the read-along can post a review on their own blogs, and link back to it with the linky.  We can all visit each others' posts and comment on them.  I'll also do my own review here, too, which I'll add to the linky list.

Here is the official button for that read-along -- feel free to share on your blogs if you want to!  I created two others too, which you can snurch from here.




Next up will be my second annual Tolkien Blog Party of Special Magnificence!  It will run September 22-28, and be much like last year's.  Giveaways, questions to answer on your own blog, new quizzes, and new games, all revolving around Middle Earth.  I've made some new buttons and banners for that as well -- I know it's still two months away, but I'm already getting excited :-D  Here's one of the new buttons, and you can find all the others (some new, some from last year) here.




And finally, looking far into the future, I'm going to host a read-along of The Hound of the Baskervilles starting on October 1.  It'll be like my LOTR read-along, with posts here for each chapter, though perhaps I'll do a linky at the end for people to share their individual reviews of the book too.  Will it involve a giveaway?  Maybe!




I hope you'll join me for any or all of these adventures!

6 comments:

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)